IRRToolSet is built using a number of discrete components
- librpsl: an RPSLng parser
- libg++: an ancient c++ class library primarily written by Doug Lea. This library provides the majority of the basic object set management classes used by the client programs.
- several client programs including
- rpslcheck - a wrapper to syntax-check RPSLng directives
- peval - a wrapper on the rpsl library to evaluate RPSL directives on the command line
- rtconfig - a router configuration generation system, which uses RPSL to generate platform-specific router configs.